Wednesday 4 September 2013

Summer film task

The current film/s that i have recently seen/watched are The Conjuring. I was intrigued too watch this film due too the way in which the media portrayed it. I often look at the reviews done by film critics too see whether the film would be worth going too watch or not.  

Some of the main reasons that i watched this film was due too the reviews that it had been given from film critics, magazines and newspapers. It was said too be 'One of the scariest horror films in years' which enticed me too watch it due too me being a large fan of horror films. So, i thought the best way too absorb the full nail-biting intensity of the film would be too go and see it at the cinema too convey its full potential! 

Another reason that i watched this at the cinema was due too the advertisement that was given off. As i watch alot of television in the evening, the suspense and fear of the advert for this film made me want too watch the whole thing and try and understand why it was supposed too be soooo good! The music, lighting and short clips that were shown on the advert made me believe that it would definitely not disappoint. (Below, i have posted the official movie trailer too show you what i mean!)

The given film, The Conjuring, was a very good watch- especially when it was in the cinema! It was very cleverly composed and really showed the era that it was supposed too be set in extremely well. It really captured the true events in great detail and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. However, the suspense throughout was sky-high, making me as a viewer believe that there would be constant scares. Yet, it took a while for each event too occur.

The factors of the film that impacted my enjoyment were the music and use of camera angles throughout. In a horror film, I fid that the the music really impacts the atmosphere and the choices of music and sounds during this production really added too the suspense and fear. The acting plays a huge part during this film, and if the actor/actresses do not seem too show full fear, then it doesn't make it seem believable.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Phoebe. I like the way you have clearly given some thought to your responses. Well done.

    ReplyDelete